Therapist Reacts to Yen by Slipknot

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U10NrnTwh6I

Therapist analyzes the lyrics of Yen by Slipknot to discuss the ways in which people often use victimhood to gain power in relationships. If a person is a victim in a relationship they use their pain as currency. The song is a call to instead use pain as currency for personal growth.

1 Like

Damn I love your reaction and what you said about the feelings and what we can see and cannot see ! This channel is so pure and interesting. The approach is genius to desiccate the lyrics with a therapist point of view, its explain so much!!
You seem so passionate when you speak, we can listen to you for hours, it’s always pertinent, truthful and interesting
Thank you for your work :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Hi ! Could you listen to Sean by Trophy Eyes ? It’s the most devastating song about suicide I’ve ever heard and I’d love to see you react to it.

1 Like

would be awesome to see you react to some Radiohead

1 Like

Hi, love your vids! Could you react to Slipknot Vermilion or Vermilion pt2? Those are really same song but different vibes and styles. The song is about distance in society. The first part is anxiety and depression. The second part is for sorrow and hopelessness.

1 Like

You should try Mudvayne’s Discography

1 Like

Great breakdown of the song!

1 Like

Alice in chains - down in a hole please!!! I just subbed i love ur analysis on these lyrics ive been listening to for years!

1 Like

Everything ends by slipknot I think you’ll like it

1 Like

Yen is Japanese currency, Yaun is Chinese currency.

1 Like

You should react to orphan or spiders by slipknot

1 Like

So what did you think? It’s my favorite slipknot song. I’ll be 37 yrs old tomorrow and been a fan since 1999. I’ve seen them twice in 2003 and 2004.

1 Like

Yen also means a strong desire, propensity, urge and/or craving

1 Like

Thanks again for your review of it😊

1 Like

Please do motionless in white Burned at both ends 2❤

1 Like

You should react to -the virus of life by slipknot.

1 Like

The victim mentality gives someone power because they no longer have to have any accountability for themselves and their own actions. If you don’t always make yourself the victim you’re more likely to look inward and fix your own shortcomings and behaviors first.

1 Like

I always loved the detail of unmasked Corey in the video. idk, it’s a cool concept.

1 Like

React to Tool - Vicarious. There is more in this world than Slipknot you know :grin:

1 Like

This channel needs more Mudvayne

1 Like