Lost by Bring Me The Horizon - Therapist Reacts

This topic represents a Youtube video that was created by Heartsupport and where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• → You can’t reply on this post. If you want to comment, check out Heartsupport on Youtube instead! Replies posted here are from users who commented on Youtube.
  • → When a Youtube user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.

Our very own Taylor is a therapist. She also loves all things metal music. So we thought let’s take both of those things and start a therapist reacts series!

In this video Taylor is reacting to the new song from Bring Me The Horizon called Lost.

2 Likes

If you haven’t you DEFINETLY. Need to react Falling in reverse - The drug in me is You (Remaigined) this is the new, piano version. Will appreciate the lyrics, and the intensity.

1 Like

Did you miss the analogy in the " ees crescent moons all over my hands? That waa so cleverly put.nail marks in your hands after gripping your fists tight

1 Like

Trust me. We all felt his heart in this one.

1 Like

I love this- this is awesome hearing your analysis to the lyrics. I was always curious how a trained therapist would respond to some of these intense lyrics.

1 Like

Mfs be calling this a masterpeace and he said “my ego is not my amigo”

10:55 I think Oli also snuck that into the song so he could use it in/before/during an actual metal breakdown :wink:

Avalanche is another mental health song, btw, that Oli wrote about his ADHD diagnosis <3
Glad to know about others who have the same condition/struggles, but somehow came out better on the other side and able to better cope and have support etc.
Still hoping for that to happen someday. Here’s to me hopefully getting support and meds in June (been waiting 14 months for an appointment that got promised to me now).
I wish back then, they had had better meds (been off of them for 18 years now) since life is prett miserable nowadays. But enough oversharing (:

Anyways, great reaction, ty and keep up the good vibes :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I used to go to therapy, I was always worried that they’d try to section me; so I would often hold back. I think that a lot of people won’t go to therapy for that reason. The therapist can just snap their finger and send you to the crazy house against your will. I’ve heard some real horror stories. I think that therapists being able to do that hurts more than it helps.

1 Like

If you haven’t listened to falling in reverse, you should consider: Popular Monster, Voices in my head, watch the world burn

1 Like

Damn u cut the best part of video :laughing:

1 Like

Beautiful reaction video :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

React to their new song with Corpse. I think that one is a really cool one to analyze from a therapist’s point of view.

1 Like

This is the first time I’ve seen one of your reactions and I’d like to offer my reaction. I’ve worked in the field of behavioral health for over 21 years, I have lived with bipolar type 1 with psychotic features and co-occurring substance use disorder with my first major experience being in 1981, when I was a college freshman.
While I appreciated your remarks I’m blown away that you didn’t say anything about the video itself. It was extremely stigmatizing and served to show people who live with mental illness as being deranged and dangerous. People living with mental illness are 12 times more likely to be victims than perpetrators. As someone who spent a significant amount of time as a young person in an institutional setting, I was really disturbed by the imagery portrayed in the video.

My other comment is, why do you not provide a message about the 988 suicide prevention lifeline with the video? I’m not sure what you do with your other ones however I’ve found it a good practice on my radio show to share it.
It’s Mindful Music on 88.7 WBFO Buffalo

Id love to go to therapy but money and the fear of being sectioned or medicated silly is what keeps me out. I think since covid and since this recession my mental health has plummeted from where it was before covid. I have very high anxiety and social anxiety so im socially awkward and i skin pick, i dont sleep well and when i get reakky sleepless i get those sleep deprived hallucinations and it makes me paranoid. It doesnt help that my fiance cant find a job right now and we cant afford to have our own place he is clinically depressed and the anxiety makes me depressed and we are both suicidal at times but both too depressed to do anything about it. Im just glad i have him and we can talk through the crazy together

1 Like

Basically from your talk after the song I can see, that I would have be better off with you as a therapist that those where I used to go a few years ago. There was a point when I realized I’m better off alone than with them. Maybe because I’m well reflected and can work on my mindset alone or something like that. I wasn’t in therapy since then again and it’s 4-5 years since then. But the feeling of being unheard and the constant focus on one specific topic (that doesn’t bother me much) or the tries to medicate me, really scared me off. (And sorry for my slightly poor grammar. I‘m not a native English speaker; I’m from Germany.)
Also: really felt in love with your content here!

1 Like

You should really check out Falling in reverse - last resort reimagin, they really bring out the heavyness of the lyrics that jacoby wrote. I think it would be a great talk about the really deep depression were you only see suicide as the way out.

Thank you for another grate reaction and breakdown of the lyrics i really love your content and i feel more ppl should talk about the lyrics more.

1 Like

No idea why but whenever I heard the end of this song it makes me tear up

1 Like

Huh. While I respect your perspective I think your interpretation is coming from a very biased place and is intentionally skewing the actual message of this song.

To me this song is a life time of trauma trying to figure yourself out whilst being pulled in different directions from health “professionals” that really don’t care about digging deep and have allowed that to be their reason for becoming static to helping others.

“Why am I this way? Stupid medicine not doing anything, what the hell is fucking wrong with me? I guess there’s no remedy I’m so terribly lost”

This is clearly coming from a place of years of misdiagnosis from westernized health and the trauma that comes along with that and knowing somethings off but not actually getting the help you need.

This song is a middle finger to the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare professionals that get paid too much to do nothing and drag people into a further depression. This song is liberation from years of western medicine preying on the vulnerable and causing a lifetime of damage only to carry that into the next generations; over and over.

1 Like

Standing uplaus for jordan this part synth so masterpiece bro :metal::pray::facepunch::indonesia:

1 Like