Therapist gets Down With The Sickness by Disturbed (FIRST TIME REACTION)

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTIbVvNQooM

Therapist analyzes the lyrics of Disturb’s song Down with the Sickness to encourage people to accept their pain as the first step toward healing. Accepting our pain does not mean we endorse it but it does give us the opportunity to work with it. Acceptance is the first step.

1 Like

Please react to Inside the Fire by Disturbed

1 Like

Yes,I accept that society is fucking sick and,because of it,I’m broken and will never fully be ok.I accept that because we pretend to be civil beings I cannot do the things that manifest within me.I accept that I’m wired a bit differently.I accept that I cannot be all I want to be due to the fragility in my mind.,…

1 Like

I am going to see disturbed on Monday they are so good

1 Like

There is a longer version of this song, where David sings about a kid that is abused my his mom but then retaliates.

1 Like

OH nononono! This is absolutely the wrong, video, ALL and I’m not kidding, ALL the context is in the full version. Please dont let this slide, please dont even if just a short video on that extended part. It’s so so so important. I relate so hard to that.

1 Like

I cant been that you haven’t reacted to Hi Ren by Ren yet !
Most of his stuff deals with his mental health journey. :heart:

1 Like

Should’ve reacted to the uncensored version. Huge chunk taken out of this version. Also, this song was huuuge and I refuse to believe you’ve never hear it before

1 Like

‘The Original BLEUGHHH!!’ haha so right!

1 Like

You picked the censored version. Best part of the song is cut out. Still glad you’re discovering disturbed. Definitely one of my all time favorite bands.

1 Like

Alice In Chains ~ Dirt!!!

1 Like

There’s a pretty decent longer version of this that really addresses what the song is about. But that part is too much for radio play.

1 Like

You live under a rock :rofl:

1 Like

Btw they have a new song call (don’t tell me) check it out :blush:

1 Like

Great vid! You should check out another one of their songs: “The Game”. Probably one of my favorite choruses ever!

1 Like

Disturbed rocks a bit :fire::fire:.

1 Like

Do Inside the Fire next, it’s a very personal song to the frontman, it’s literally about his experience with a girl who they both got hooked on drugs, he was blamed and forced away from her, she eventually died and the song is about how he felt she was taken from him and her death was the result.

1 Like

Therapist picks wrong version, misses a musical version of an emotional breakdown.

1 Like

Hello! Any chance you could make “Popular Monster” by Falling in Reverse, please? I’d be curious about your opinion…

1 Like

Honestly this censored version is good but the uncensored version makes this an entirely different song. Please research the uncensored version I’d love to hear what you think about it :metal:t2::fire::boom::pray:t2::100:

1 Like