Therapist Reacts to Custer - Slipknot

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a YOUTUBE user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.

View media here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1JQXnjY1Mc

Therapist analyzes the lyrics of Slipknot’s Custer to discuss how people often fight to destroy the things that they don’t understand about themselves and the world. The song is a call to understand before blindly fighting. Because once understanding has been achieved the goal of the fight often changes. The song is a call to embrace the originality and uniqueness that people often fight to destroy in themselves and others.

1 Like

If you want some uplifting lyrics in metal, I suggest listening to Hatebreed. For example, “I Will Be Heard”. Love your reactions!!

Do Solway Firth next!..

My plague by slipknot…

This song was Grammy nominee in 2015 but lost to Cirice by Ghost

I think your next slipknot song should be Surfacing. Or maybe Snuff. People=Shit is a good one. Or either of the Vermillions.

1 Like

H377 by Slipknot next please

1 Like

I love Slipknot (heart of the 515). I’d love to hear your take on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbUAtnWwADI&pp=ygUXaGVyZSdzIHRvIHRoZSBoZWFydGFjaGU%3D

1 Like

Sadly insta and tiktok ruined this song but still, MORE SLIPKNOOOOTT

1 Like

Do skeptic by slipknot…

1 Like

i love youre content i loved your korn reaction :heart::heart:

1 Like

This videos are just upgrades for those songs for me, because your thougts to the lyriks are so wholesome. <3

edit: I’d love a video about People = Shit

1 Like

gotta do disasterpiece!..

1 Like

Do left behind by slipknot

1 Like

Next reaction Bring Me The Horizon - Bad Life

1 Like

Hi, new sub here. Really enjoy your perspective and analysis within the metal genre, it’s refreshing to see from your point of view.
May you and your community continue to grow :metal:t3::metal:t3:
Stay (sic)

1 Like

Hi Taylor! I’m really enjoying your metal reactions and all of the interpretations that you draw from the lyrics. I’d really like for you to explore Linkin Park. They are very outspoken in their lyrics when it comes to battling addiction and mental health struggles, and have helped myself and millions of others cope with whatever pain we hide. You can pick quite literally any song in their discography to draw meaning from, but if I had to make any recommendations, it would be Breaking The Habit or Somewhere I Belong as I believe that these two songs really fit the theme of this channel.

TW: For reference, Linkin Park’s lead singer Chester Bennington passed away in 2017 after taking his own life. He had been dealing with depression and substance abuse throughout his life as a result of severe childhood trauma. However, Chester’s ability to wear his heart on his sleeve through interviews and performances is one of the reasons why many look up to him and connect with him on an emotional level. From his deliverance in his vocals to his transparency with mental health in various interviews, he was quite a beautiful soul and I think you will whole heartedly agree with that.

Thanks!

1 Like

Could you do Nero forte from slipknot next please.

1 Like

Just love your slipknot reactions…you got as much energy as the band😂 do soulway firth of birth of the cruel next…love to see your reaction…keep up the great work

1 Like

Love it! True metal heads listen and those words speak to them others just hear gargle! Metal has helped me thru alot of pain.

1 Like