Therapist's V.A.N. (Bad Omens/Poppy)

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUN_ZWhNB-M

Therapist uses V.A.N by Bad Omens to discuss the feeling of addiction as well as encourage others to use the song as an athme to fight against the parts of your nature that have been increasing pain and dysfunction in your life.

1 Like

Nailed the AI thing on the head. Instrumentally, there are several ‘stolen ideas’ from TDOPOM album like AI had written the song.

1 Like

Gorgoroth - Carving a giant

1 Like

Watch nothing to do what she said n it’s all about peta :joy:

1 Like

So I will be clean 10 years this year. I will ALWAYS be an addict and have had to restructure my life to protect against doing something so stupid again. Great Song, Great Reaction and Great message.

1 Like

Yes! That’s exactly the same thought I had, AI

1 Like

that is one cool therapist, love the energy!!

1 Like

Poppy is a case study all by herself…I like your reaction. Bad Omens is one of my favorites. This song musically is fundamentally different for Omens. They are using more synth. Breaking new ground for themselves. Your video popped up outta nowhere. So now you have me as a subscriber. Ive been tempted to post this and similar posts like Charismatic Voice ( On the same artists ) on X but most of my followers do not like this type of music. This is a first having seen a post that delves into the mental aspects of a song. Very cool. I love your energy. I wish you well in all your endeavors… :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Loveeee your perspective! I’ve watched all of the V.A.N. reactions on YouTube and this is by far my favorite one!

1 Like

That’s an excellent interpretation of the lyrics. Maybe your best analysis yet. Congratulations

1 Like

I really love the song even tho Noah is completely absent from it lol
Also really cool to see a therapists take on some of the lyrics and stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

New to Bad Omens, I got here via Spiritbox, and I’m intrigued.

1 Like

I’d love to see a reaction to any of throwns newer songs - it’s a bit less melodic but if it’s somewhat up your alley you should check them out, the lyrics are very interesting imo

1 Like

1:23 is by far the purest and best reaction one can ask for

1 Like

Saw Poppy on NXT a few years ago and I’ve been a big fan since. I Disagree album is a masterpiece.

1 Like

You should react ‘‘Ren - Su!clde’’. or ‘‘Ren-For Joe’’

1 Like

have you checked out Ghostemane

1 Like

Hmm. I wonder when she’ll get on to Ethel Cain?

1 Like

Poppy has a way about her that makes you sit up and pay attention and she has had mine for these last six years. I had an addiction to tobacco and have been free of it nearly 10 years and I am glad to be done with it. Poppy is complex and has covered a lot of ground in the 12 years she has been putting out music and some it really cores into the psyche and makes you think-thinking is the key and Poppy lets you know that. I enjoyed your point of view with regards to this video and it’s meaning. Poppy rocks!!!

1 Like

You should definitely react to Alice In Chains - Man In The Box

1 Like