Therapist Analyzes the identity of Sleep Token - Granite

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Qwy8RUfDI

Therapist analyzes Sleep Token’s song Granite, and discusses how we often deceive ourselves so that we can stay in situations that we know aren’t serving us. The good news is that although these situations may not be right for us to stay in, they can often teach us something about ourselves and be the catalysts for growth in the long term.

1 Like

You should do a reaction to Sleep Token - Blood Sport

1 Like

Man, i LOVE how deep you go with your analysis and it’s gorgeous to hear you TALK. You make me feel like no one could ever pay attention on those songs and put some time to dissect the truth underneath all words, it’s beautiful

1 Like

I just LOVE how much you enjoy them. The anticipation of that breakdown because we all know something sexy is about to drop. Keep up the awesome videos; your slipknot stuff really got through to me. :heart:

1 Like

Taylor always hitting on point with these videos. This is a Gift.

This is worship.

1 Like

can you do Brother By Gerard Way or Mama by My Chemical Romance? Please and I LOVE UR BMTH VIDEOS!! <33

1 Like

You have a contagious smile! :heart:

1 Like

Please more sleep token reactions

1 Like

Damn you really nailed that analysis! Something really interesting about this song as well…it’s about a car crash, whether it’s literal, metaphorical, or both, we may never know…(and ironic because this is my FAV song to jam to in the car! :joy:) when it gets really quiet you can ever so slightly hear a mumbling sound that kind of sounds like people arguing, and then the “screeching” sound, which would be the car breaks, and then the crash, when the breakdown hits! I always thought that was so brilliant! :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

I was in a terrible marriage for many years and I knew it. I knew it was bad, but would not let myself leave. Fortunately, I got sent off for work for 2 years and had to be alone in an apartment 4 hours from my house. I could not figure out the first night what was wrong/right. It was a feeling of peace unlike anything I have ever experienced. That led me finally to asking for a divorce. Growth can come in many ways. Outside forces, such as family and societal expectations can contribute to stifled growth. I wish I had known then what I know now. I could have had happiness much sooner in life. Glad I made it out, not all do.

1 Like

Amazing discussion on the “you know I’m not what you need” lyric. Definitely showed me a different perspective compared to my initial assumption on the meaning.

Because I might be slightly sadistic and for the schadenfreude I’d love to see your analysis of either or both: Marilyn Manson - Irresponsible Hate Anthem (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZumpbHOVA), and Immortal Technique - Dance with the Devil (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggxTtnKTMo)

Also worth noting that both these artists have a lot of other great pieces, but these are fun intros for the shock value.

1 Like

If you’re looking for some more “mellow” rock/hard rock, I suggest Times of Grace. It’s a side band of Adam and Jesse (singer and guitarist/backup singer) of the metalcore band Killswitch Engage (who I also suggest whole heartily). But this side product is not as heavy as Killswitch Engage (especially their 2nd album). If you do, I suggest “Mend You”, “To Carry the Weight”, or the heavier songs “Hope Remains” or “Live In Love”. But anything from their 1st album, is amazing.

1 Like

This is my horrible job and horrible and toxic relationship. Making 30 dollars an hour sitting in a cubicle, I was dying. Still getting up there and knowing I’m a crazy awesome person who is kind and loving.
Life is better when I have been single, stopped seeing people who made me feel lower than them

1 Like
1 Like

I have been listening to granite pretty much nonstop since the album came out. This analysis is spot on and why I relate to it so much because of how deeply it reflects my own life.

1 Like

I’m always so excited to see your next video. YouTube needs more people like you. You help a lot of people in each video, including myself.

Thank you!

1 Like

I think of the movie The Notebook with this song. That was a semi toxic relationship but it worked out for the better. Now listen to toss song through the frame of the notebook. It’s great.

1 Like

What kind of headphone you got there? Also, your face at the snap! …priceless!!!

1 Like

Kinda surprised she hasn’t done (the way that you were) by sleep token yet.

1 Like

Did you know they disbanded a week ago? That’s such a shame actually :cry:

1 Like