Therapist and Vocalist Analyze In The End By Linkin Park

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkM0crYIWTc

Therapist, Taylor Palmby, and August Burns Red Vocalist, Jake Luhrs, discuss the song In The End by Linkin Park, and describe how focusing on the outcome of a situation can often lead an individual to feel like it’s “the end” but when we focus on the process it empowers us to see that’s it’s not the end, it’s just a part of the journey.

1 Like

I’m not even a Linkin Park fan but this song really spoke to me

1 Like

Number 8 (infinity) to like this video… thanks for your reactions, you’re really authentic - love it!

1 Like

Been listening to Linkin Park over the last 2 decades. And now, i can see that most of their lyrics are about Chester struggles, past life, and all the things he went though and that leaded him to try as hard as he could but couldn’t find out the Truth and Light that really can led us to the very place we belong. Anyway, great analysis!

1 Like

Please do Walk with me in hell- Lamb of God

1 Like

So true. I feel that way with a few things, but mostly with tango dancing. For 5 1/2 years, I have consistently went to classes. Many dances. A few two day weekend workshops. 3 four day Festivals. Practice 5 days a week in the morning and in the evening.
And in the end, it does not even matter.
It is taking me this long to be able to dance where most others it have learned it in one or two years and hearing them say,“If you put effort and your mind to it, you can do it!”
They do notcrealize how worn out my leg joints are. A bit uncoordinated. Not as agile or mobile as they are.
When it goes well and I have good rhythm, I enjoy dancing.
But, does it even matter?

1 Like

Thanks guys…

1 Like

Please let the therapist lady react to Motionless in White’s song Black Damask

1 Like

Linkin Park should only be reviewed in live performances, soooooooo much emotion is lost in the studio.

1 Like

Every step in a journey matters. Even when you slip and fall you learn where the slippery spot is. Peace/JT

1 Like

I would Love to know your opinion over One in a milion song by Guns n Roses its realy disturbing for me

1 Like

Man i love this channel❤
I hope you analyze more Linkin Park songs.
A favourite of mine is “a place for my head”
The song has really interesting lyrics and in my opinion is one of the best LP songs.

1 Like

I’ve always loved this song.

1 Like

I truly like your description of people either being outcome-based or process-based. I used to be outcome-based which led me down a dark road for a long time because I kept failing to achieve my outcomes. After attempting suicide 5 times in 2016, and doing a life review in 2017, I decided to go back to school. In the fall of 2019, I started my journey in the Victim Studies bachelor’s program at Sam Houston State University. In December of 2020, I graduated with that degree. In the fall of 2021, I began my journey in the Experimental Psychology master’s program at Sam Houston and graduated in August 2023 with that degree. I am still in amazement of how I did a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in a 3-1/2 year span. Focus and motivation were a large part of that. I am close to my outcome (goal) of getting into the FBI. My view on this journey has changed from outcome-based to process-based by looking at it this way: Things happen when they’re supposed to happen, how they’re supposed to happen, and in the order they’re supposed to happen. Now at the age of 40, I see that the process within this journey has saved my life and I’m in a very good place mentally. I am so glad I was not successful in 2016. But I’m not done with this journey. In the words of Thomas Aquinas, “If the highest aim of a captain is to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever.” This means you have to be willing to take risks in order to gain something. Thank you both for this great breakdown of the late and great Chester’s “In the End.”

1 Like

yay taylor time…

1 Like

You must react to “Given Up.”

1 Like

i have some suggestions to react to, all of these songs are by the band Get Scared!
Hell Is Where The Heart Is, Suffer, Badly Broken, Under My Skin, and Give Up My Ghost. All of these songs have deep lyrics (or just for me personally), and I would really like to see you two analyze them! Of course, if you’re only reacting to songs with music videos, both Suffer and Badly Broken have music videos that you can react to. Suffer’s music video is deep, and it would again, be really interesting to watch you two react. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love your analysis of this song. There are few things I experience that give me ‘the feels’ and I guess this could be because I’m autistic however, pretty much every time I hear Chester’s voice I get goosebumps. I think because of this Linkin Park will always hold a place in my heart.

1 Like

If you haven’t already you should discover the artist Ren… “Ren - Hi Ren” is a good start. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be cool to see you discuss a Soundgarden song, or maybe a handful of them. Some ideas:

Fell on Black Days
Blow Up the Outside World
When I’m Down (just Chris Cornell)
The Day I Tried to Live
Black Hole Sun

1 Like