Are you feeling guilty after losing touch with someone?

This topic is from INSTAGRAM where users are encouraged to comment about their mental health struggles.

• If someone tags @heartsupport in a comment it becomes a topic here on the forum.
  • If they don’t it’ll be a comment on this topic.
  • Moderators can flag:ignore non @heartsupport comments to create a new topic if needed.

View instagram post here:

View full reaction here:

Are you feeling guilty after losing touch with someone?? Share your experience in the comments by tagging @heartsupport and we’ll reply!!

Music “The Price of Grace” by Convictions

1 Like

:heart::fire:======================

1 Like

I recently went through a really bad withdrawal from my closest friends for things that had nothing to do with them. Thankfully, a kind soul made their way into my life and reminded me that I actually do matter to those around me, and they aren’t asking if I’m ok to annoy me - it’s because they care. Hearing that made so many mental barriers come crumbling down, and I was able to clearly see the anguish I was causing everyone by being so stuck in my own crap. Coming out of that pit, coming clean to someone, and then having them forgive you with open arms is about the most loved you’ll ever feel in your life. Never underestimate how big of an impact you can have on someone simply by being kind to them once. You have no idea the landslide it can trigger.

1 Like

I haven’t lost anyone to suicide, but I did lose touch with a childhood friend who ran away and eventually died and I’ve felt a lot of guilt because I didn’t realize until sometime after his death was confirmed that I could’ve talked him back home, but didn’t realize it in time.

1 Like

I can definitely attest to isolation being a dangerous thing. I did some ministry overseas for a while and found myself in some dangerous situations where I could have come home in a box. I came home kind of messed up and ended up taking a sabbatical. That 3 month out-of-town sabbatical turned into 5 years. The longer I was away the easier it was to just stay away. Sabbaticals are totally fine but I don’t recommend a permanent one. I finally moved back a month ago. Actually moved back the day before @convictionsband was playing in San Antonio. The timing for that couldn’t have been more perfect. That tour was a huge blessing for me to attend. :heart:

1 Like

I lost my love one through suicide, most heartbreaking thing I ever felt, I lost touch with life it had turned my life around. It has been 7 years, and I still grive for him.:cry:

1 Like

I wish my loved one had said something, but I k ew he didn’t want me to worry about his situation, he consume alcohol to take his pain away from trauma, and I was so devastated :broken_heart:

1 Like

Name of song?============

1 Like

This is really amazing. Much love and support to yall! :heart:

1 Like

@heartsupport I lost touch with one of my best high school friends after we both went down self destructive paths……unfortunately his consumed him and I regret everyday that I never reached out sooner. I was scared and unsure of what to do or how to talk to him. I should have just called. I miss him so much.

1 Like