Beartooth - Might Love Myself - Therapist Reacts

This topic represents a Youtube video that was created by Heartsupport and where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• → You can’t reply on this post. If you want to comment, check out Heartsupport on Youtube instead! Replies posted here are from users who commented on Youtube.
  • → When a Youtube user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.
  • Do you feel like you’ll never feel better?
  • Are you struggling to keep showing up?
  • Are you struggling to make a change?
1 Like

Great reaction to an amazing song!

This song makes my heart smile. :heart::blush: :bear::tooth::metal::metal:

1 Like

Such a happy song about realizing it’s important to love oneself.

1 Like

Saw them 2 nights ago and Caleb gave a speech about what these new songs mean to him and how he needed to write those last dark albums, after they were done with the last album he said he never wanted to be in a place that dark in his life again, he was sober for like a week when he started riptide and he’s 19 months sober now

I’m 1 year sober now and was going through a very similar thing he was when that last album came out and now im going through what he’s going through now, learning to love myself and the life I have

Almost cried when he gave the speech and sang this song

1 Like

I’m too a metalhead therapist and been a die hard Beartooth/Caleb fan for the greater part of the last decade and to see the healing process he’s been on to get here is amazing and why I love music so damn much! :heart::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

This makes me happy wow what a good song love it I love the sound of the new Beartooth song.

1 Like

Listen to Nightlife. The POC band that Beartooth ripped off with this song. Thanks.

1 Like

Suggested this on Sunshine videobas well but you should definitely do a video on “Riptide” as well. It was the first of the songs released that will be on their upcoming album.

1 Like

Was waiting for this! Love your reactions!

1 Like

Yeah that was an amzin songlyricpoint reality right now. I feel pretty better.

1 Like

This is the reaction I love to see on this song. You can see it in his lyrics and voice how he has changed and mental happiness and I love it :heart:

1 Like

wow! i had the biggest smile the entire video! loved it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

1 Like

When I first heard this song I thought it was unbelievable and the lyrics really resonated with me. I went on YouTube just to see if you had new videos up and I was so glad it was a reaction to this song.

1 Like

Dang it… So good in every way. Great vid and advice Taylor!!!

1 Like

Self-love is the hardest thing to find, because we are our worst critics and are prone to find things wrong with ous. It’s takes time and practice to learn to accept oneself for who we are with our positive sides and thoughts. I was depressed from a really young age, i remember having my first suicide thoughts when i was 9-10, not knowing what it was. Got my first deep depression with an eating disorder, anxiety and self-harm. Tried tree times to unalive myself between 18-20. Had substance abuse issues (alcohol was my poison). Had my first therapy session asan 18 year old, 4months after i was no longer in therapy because my antidepressants worked and i was now well enough according to them. But every 2 years i fell into q deep depression again with suicidal thkughts. I felt something was wrong with me that i overreacted and acted differently to emotions, rationally i knew i had a panic attack, that i was depressed and that i deserved better. When i was 26 i finally got a good therapist that did diagnosis testing, because many psychologists said i needed one and that i wasn’t only depressed it was the symtom. 6months later i got the diagnosis trait of borderline personality disorder, and that i since a young age had BPD, i only had traits left because i had worked on myself by myself and in therapy for eight years. I was free from the diagnosis BPD traits when i was 28 much thanks to my Therapist and two years with the right therapy (both talking and medication that i stopped taking 5months before i got free). Since then i have loved myself, i can control my emotions and life is good with its ups and downs. I have also been through a life changeing event where i ended up paralyzed and didnt fall into a depression even if i got frustrated and sad some days, those days i let the emotions flow and be there. I’m now 34,5 years old and haven’t felt better, life is beautiful and we need those downs to appreciate the ups and find joy in the smallest things.

I do not write this for sympathy or anything of that sort, everyone have their own journey and struggles. I write this to say that everything may seem dark now but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, just dont give up, you are precious, loved and worthy of being happy. You are prefect the way you are even with flaws :heart:

Thank you for your take on the lyrics, i love the way you break them down :blush:
(Sorry if my English isnt great im from Sweden so spelling Mistakes and grammatical errors may occur)

1 Like

He said in an interview after releasing riptide he’s done with making sad songs all the time because he just doesn’t wanna relive that stuff and he’s the happiest he’s ever been since starting Beartooth 12 years ago

1 Like

I just stumbled across your channel with your Sleep Token video and now this. And it’s great. Could I maybe ask for a Lorna Shore - pain remains 1,2, and 3 reaction. I know a bunch of people have done it but I feel like that trilogy would be great for what you do :metal: the videos are really deep and the deathcore genre makes it hit so much harder. I’d definitely have some lyrics pulled up too. Because…ya know…Deathcore lol

1 Like

God bless Caleb and his journey, he’s doing so good.

1 Like

This video was my drop in. I can’t express enough thanks and I can’t even talk. Thank you so much.

1 Like