Melissa Cross and Therapist react to Sound of Silence by Disturbed

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFTF1DipeU0

Therapist, Taylor Palmby, and metal vocal coach, Melissa Cross, analyze the lyrics of Sound of Silence. They analyze the lyrics written by Simon & Garfunkel as they watch the version created by Disturbed. David Draiman, the singer of Disturbed, is a student of Melissa’s. During the conversation, they discuss how struggling with mental health can make someone feel like they are in a bubble of silence and isolation. The song is an encouragement to use music to break the sound of silence and reach out for connection.

1 Like

I love this song so much it helps me every day at life and I sing this all the time so chilling and powerful and the vid with you and Melissa might be one of my now fav vid I ever seen and wish I can have a session with you all you guys are so phenomenal :heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Live version on Conan so much better. Please react to live version :heart:

1 Like

Something In The Way | D A H M E R (Cobain Cover)…there is the song without any FEELINGS

1 Like

What an epic cover…

1 Like

“The Devil Horns” were what Ronnie James Dio grew up with, it was an old Italian sign to ward off evil

1 Like

i can give you tons of suggestions for songs to analyze that mean a lot to me in one way shape or form because of my depression. Dead Inside by Mudvayne, Another Breath by Ingested, Blessed Be by Spiritbox, Her Fragile Limbs by Il Vuoto, Boat Paddle by iwrestledabearonce, Hickory Creek by Whitechapel to name a few. i have a playlist full of these songs and more that i listen to when im feeling at my worst

1 Like

Don’t tell me by Disturbed feature Ann Wilson next please!

1 Like

Another great cover of the Sound of Silence, is from the band Nevermore! :100::metal:t2:

1 Like

tbh Id like to see a therapists reaction to the biggest fever dream ever to become a music video: Blasphemian by Infant Annihilator

1 Like

Please react to falling is reverses reimagining of papa roachs song last resort pleaseeee you’ll love it @heartsupport

1 Like

Im a disabled marine corps vet that struggles with mental health issues, music is one of the things helps me . Ive had 5 shoulder surgeries in the last 6 years . Its lead to extreme isolation and worsening depression. Thank you for your videos its really helping in this dark patch .

1 Like

PLEASE DO THE CONAN O’BRIEN LIVE PERFORMANCE. :heart: it will change your life. My new favorite reactor love from Ottawa :heart::canada:

1 Like

you need to bring melissa more on your videos i love the dynamics between you 2.

1 Like

check out Rammstein german metal band ( with subtitles on)

1 Like

Guy from Denmark here who is looking into becoming a therapist in the future
Love your videos, they way you read into the lyrics of the songs is just amazing, and really helped med see the deeper meaning in the songs, because usually I just feel them and don’t think too much from it.
If you need anymore suggestions for songs, Avenged Sevenfold have made some really good ones, my favorites being “Danger Line” “Buried Alive” and “Natural Born Killer”. Also some Slipknot songs that are also really good imo are “Disasterpiece” and “Eyeless”.
Sabaton too is a good power metal band for working out alot of energy personal favorites being “Uprising” “Night Wishes” and “Ghost Division”.
Don’t know if you read this but if you did, thank you, have a nice day

1 Like

Love this song so much…

1 Like

You should listen to the song Reason to fight by disturbed

1 Like

Tool - wings for Marie pt2 would be great. Makes me emotional and think of my grandmother everytime but is about the lead singer losing his mother. Powerful song

1 Like

could you do “salt” and/or “chemical” by The Devil Wears Prada?

1 Like