Therapist Reacts to Dying Song by Slipknot

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdqrHkOtCms

Therapist analyzes the lyrics of Dying Song off of Slipknot’s album The End, So Far to discuss the ways in which people often try to solve others’ problems instead of listening. It is easy to shout solutions but until a person feels understood those “solutions” will just push them further into the victim mentality. A better approach is to empathically listen to the individual until they feel understood. Once a person feels validated and understood they will naturally seek and move toward their own solutions. If you want to become a better listener and someone who helps others heal you can sign up to be a volunteer and you’ll receive a FREE 4-hour class on how to listen well.

1 Like

This is my 3 year olds favourite song.

1 Like

I recommend you listen to their song Birth of the cruel

A must have :smile::smiley:
I’m glad you’re adding videos so quickly

1 Like

Very different look for you today! Very nice… Such a good song!

1 Like

ok Im begging now for a react analysis of Everything Ends. Please. Appreciate you tremendously btw.

1 Like

Started checking out your reactions more often and managed to show up early for this one! Some really good slipknot songs that I feel don’t get enough coverage, especially from a psychiatric perspective, can be found on their self-titled. I know yall covered wait and bleed already but it would be cool to see purity or eyeless too. Keep up the good work gang

1 Like

Seek first to understand and then be understood. I had a friend recently that didnt want answers but just needed to get it out to someone without them trying to tell them what they should do, or how they should fix themselves. Speaking volumes without saying a word works. People more often than not already know but they just need to work it out and they cant do that when someone is just sitting there telling them how they would look at something, or what they would do in that situation.

1 Like

do Bone Church next!..

1 Like

Let’s goooooo I’ve been waiting for this onnnneeee​:tada::tada::tada::tada:fun facts the whirling at the beginning when corey starts singing is actually planet sounds

1 Like

If you wanna go back too the darkest album too date Iowa try to react too Iowa their last song which is as you know 15.05 the longest song to date and dark song as hell please and wish I can be your client be nice

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1:really enjoy your reactions and the different perspective. Keep it up :sunglasses:

1 Like

You should react to falling away from me by Korn. Also maybe check out the band nine inch nails

1 Like

You NEED to react to “Hospital For Souls” by Bring Me The Horizon, you will not regret

1 Like

yay taylor time…

1 Like

u must try snuff corey acoustic version

1 Like

You should react to avenged sevenfold too.

1 Like

Great song. Please do Everything Ends, or A Liar’s Funeral

1 Like

I would love and curious to see your break down of slipknot the heretic anthem, if you are 555 then I’m 666

1 Like

Another slipknot video… we planning on doing anything else? Or is this just what this channel is now?

I love slipknot too, but this is like 12 or 13 in a row.

Heres a whole shitload of stuff that this community can benefit from:

BMTH - suicide season
Nothing more - if it doesnt hurt
Deftones - cherry waves
Bullet for my valentine - tears dont fall
Pantera - domination
Wargasm - spit
Maggie Lindemann - take me nowhere
Flaw - get up again
Alice in chains - junkhead
Papa Roach - thrown away
Staind - for you
Blacktop Mojo - prodigal
Alpha Wolf - a quiet place to die
Too close to touch - sympathy
Gojira - stranded
Cancer Bats - hail destroyer
Wilson - fuck up my high
Chevelle - the clincher
Point North - recover
Sick Puppies - riptide
Linkin Park - final masquerade
Hollywood Undead - heart of a champion
10 years - novacaine
Jessie Murph - sobriety
Faith no More - king for a day, fool for a lifetime
Nonpoint - what a day

Let me tell you something my girl. I’ve been listening to slipknot for 20 years and the way you react and explain and break down the lyrics you have got me listening to slipknot in a whole other perspective. Lol. WOW!!! This is my second time watching your reaction to my most favorite band and I absolutely love the hell out of you. You are getting a like and a subscribe from me and I’m going to tell all my other friends and family about you. Love you girl. Keep rocking and spitting out these videos. :metal::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::metal:

1 Like