Therapist reacts to Linkin Park - Friendly Fire

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1eaTMUvA70

Therapist uses the lyrics from Linkin Park’s newest release “Friendly Fire” (off of their upcoming album Linkin Park album, Papercuts) to discuss how in conflict we often cause unintentional harm when we forget what we are fighting for. The song is a call to remember our ultimate goal which is connection and use that goal to direct the way that we show up in conflict. Part of the power of this song and the message is the use of Chester Bennington’s vocals.

1 Like

Chester was 1 of a kind. I miss him.

1 Like

i love your when you react to songs

1 Like

Now you k ow how we feel, loss of him and shit his voice got us through

1 Like

How many times someone has sat in their car alone and listening to linking Park, trying to control emotions and rewind your mind, letting out rage? You can’t bring actions or people back, there’s a future. Yet his voice stroke the right notes in your soul

1 Like

Chester for me was best singer thanks for all Rest in piece schester

1 Like

Iove your react & explain❤

1 Like

When I heard the song for the first time, I thought to myself “that was a reference to himself”!

1 Like

Damn, you are a great therapist. Love your passion and how well you can take the lyrics of a song and relate them to issues we all deal with in life.

1 Like

This song brought me to tears the first time I heard it😢 Now hearing it again, I don’t know what to think

1 Like

The message of the song is very good

1 Like

Stop pause this song…

1 Like

For just a moment it felt like Chester was back seeing him in this video. RIP Chester. You will always be a legend in the music industry

1 Like

Linkin Park makes amazing & sometimes :heart:breaking songs . Love his music !

1 Like

I personally think the “what are we fighting for?” has dual meaning in this song - first as “fighting for what reason?” (like, why are we fighting? we love each other) and also “fighting for what cause?” (like, what is our purpose together? remember we love each other and have a common goal). But that is just my take on it after about 20 listens. No matter what, SO powerful and relatable, just like all of their songs. Thanks for sharing your reaction!

1 Like

Long Live Chester Bennington

1 Like

Teenage me used to love listening to Linkin Park with my friends, never really got deep down into the lyrics. Now, 40 year old me, mourning the loss of my little girl, feel some of Chesters lyrics so hard. LP music is beautiful, emotional, so powerful.

1 Like

We need a Linkin Park biopic film called “In The End”

1 Like

Thanks for everything Chester… I miss you a lot :sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

4:47-6:40 Lost a very close friend for reasons I can’t understand, because of actions she chose to make that evidently hurt me. And when I tried to talk to her about things she only ever just pushed away. I never lost sight of what I was fighting for, but I think she did, and it hurts more than I can describe because I have never loved someone so much before. The collapse of our friendly was just a case of friendly fire for reasons I’ll never understand…

1 Like