Therapist Reacts to Vermilion by Slipknot Part 1

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNkRrsx_rcQ

Therapist analyzes the lyrics to Vermilion by Slipknot to discuss how people often seek external solutions to internal problems and feelings overwhelm them. It often feels easier to believe if I just had this one thing, person, or job that it would solve all of the negative feelings inside of me. This belief causes us to fixate on things outside of ourselves because we believe they will heal us. The truth is that internal problems need internal understanding and solutions, and there often isn’t just one fix. This song reminds us to ask ourselves where we are seeking a solution outside of ourselves and calls us to examine our internal experiences.

1 Like

Vermilion Pt. 1’ is about the enrapturing, the buildup, the anticipation and the neurosis. Part 2… :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

It’s a hope for a love that doesn’t currently exist

1 Like

You should check out Metallica’s Unforgiven series, Part 1,2 and 3. The songs tackle the lead singer’s personal demons (abuse) and his coping as he grows older. Excellent songs, too.

1 Like

…or it is a song about a serial killer stalking his prey. I can’t wait for part 2!!!

1 Like

One of my favorite Slipknot songs! Great reaction and interpretation! I can’t wait for part 2.
This song hits me a little bit different. My girlfriend died 4 years ago and this song took on a new meaning.

1 Like

Part two is really sad and will quite possibly creep you out.

1 Like

Well, since you are a therapist, you MUST react to Tool - Schism. Perfect fit.

1 Like

This clip breaks my heart. Can’t wait to see what you think of pt. 2…

1 Like

Alice in chains - down in a hole please! Love ur videos❤

1 Like

R. I. P. to both Paul Gray and Joey Jordison.

1 Like

you should react to “strainted” by Gojira :wink:

1 Like

I would love for you to react to Circle off this album.

1 Like

Your gonna love pt 2……

1 Like

Would love to see your perspective on In Flames songs. :slight_smile:
Great reactions!

1 Like

I love singing to both parts of Vermillion ^^ it’s such a kickass song

1 Like

The live version of this song at Download 2009 I believe was incredible

1 Like

7:00 that actually makes sense, at some point in my past years since my last relationship I been feeling quite lost and feeling like I need something to get me through things I guess idk… I kinda feel confused cause it makes me feel stuck and mad at myself that I feel I wasted years worrying about my past … PS that was in 2013 it ended if memory is correct

Therapist, you complete me! Have a great day!

1 Like

Not sure where you got this whole ‘ghost’ premise (ghosts are notorious for sleeping lol), but forget that and reassess.
EDIT: 06:00 There you go.

1 Like