HeartSupport_Fans Content #115

This topic is from INSTAGRAM where users are encouraged to comment about their mental health struggles.

• If someone tags @heartsupport in a comment it becomes a topic here on the forum.
  • If they don’t it’ll be a comment on this topic.
  • Moderators can flag:ignore non @heartsupport comments to create a new topic if needed.

I’ve struggled with anxiety and depression for as far back as I can remember. I never really truly understood those terms until much later in life.

I have had bouts of depression so deep and anxieties so intense that suicide seemed to be a calm alternative to carrying on. I am grateful I made it through and I am still here to speak about it.

The moment I started to speak up and ask for help my world would start to change.

The simple act of acknowledging I wasn’t ok was powerful. It lead me through years of conversations, lifestyle and diet changes, therapy as well as getting rid of toxic habits and even toxic people. All of which contributed to the betterment of my well being.

You can acknowledge you’re not okay in the comments and the HeartSupport community will encourage you. Just share what you’re struggling with and tag @heartsupport

@hsdevtest @hsdevtest2 @thehilperts @heartsupportvets @heartsupportwall

:camera:: @red_feather_photography

2 Likes

:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart: #worldmentalhealthday

1 Like

Thank you @jesse_d_leach for speaking out. It means more than you’ll ever know.

1 Like

Your words and your music helps me in more ways then you’ll every understand. I struggle everyday to hold on then I see things like this from people who battle with the some kind of things and it helps me push through just a little more. Thank you @jesse_d_leach

1 Like

@jesse_d_leach :heart::raised_hands:=======

1 Like

I feel you. I still feel that everyday and have felt that way since i was a child. Just gotta get through each day and hope the next is better than the one today. My help is music. Listening to music cleanses me and makes me feel good about myself. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

:fist_right::fire::fist_left: @jesse_d_leach no shame in admitting we all struggle

1 Like

I feel you. In a Hispanic household we don’t talk about depression nor any mental illness. Public Schools don’t talk about mental illness as often as they should. And as of right now, in my college classes they talk about the mental illness and how important it is to get help. Not feeling okay is something I deal with everyday. But, with the help of my friends and crafting makes me feel okay.

1 Like

Thank you for everything, Jesse. I love you. :pleading_face::heart:

1 Like

Saw you guys last night in Seattle. There’s that moment you hear someone who “gets it.” You get it, man. Fuckin’ teared up when you held up that fan’s sign.
Awesome show. “The Signal Fire” gives me all the feels. Will definitely be on the lookout for your return up this way.

1 Like

This post really spoke to me brother. I’ve always looked up to you as a fellow musician and almost felt like cousins when we were growing up. You knew me when I was named after my birth father (Maurice). He and I haven’t seen eachother in almost 20 years. As a new beginning for myself, I changed my name to Kaleb aka Caleb in the Bible because my brothers name is Joshua(the name my mom almost gave me). Changing my name only helped me feel slightly better though. The scars from my so called parents remain. Thank you for sharing your story. I would have never known.

1 Like

Thanks Jesse for all you do :raised_hands::clap:

:fist:t3::heart:=====================

Thanks for sharing. I’ve had major bouts of depression and suicidal ideation through some personal and professional struggles. It’s powerful to see people with a reach and voice like yours advocating for real conversations about these issues

1 Like

:muscle:t5:=======================

I’m struggling everyday with anxiety, depression, and depersonalization. I’m definitely not ok. But I want to be so badly.

1 Like

@jesse_d_leach thank you for everything as always. You are a true inspiration

1 Like

Love this man so much and what has accomplished. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Always mindlifting captions @jesse_d_leach :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hmm. This is a tough one for me. I struggle daily with depression and anxiety. I’ve been to the point of suicide. @jesse_d_leach one night at Ralph’s diner I gave u a piggy back ride in the pit and don’t remember it. Got hurt at work 7 years ago now on disability due to numerous surgeries and having been diagnosed with CRPS nick named the suicide disease. Life after my injury has been a hot mess. I’ve failed as a husband and a father. Your music has definitely given me some strength to carry on. But some days are better than others.

1 Like