Making a therapist cry - one more time blink 182

This topic represents a Youtube video that was created by Heartsupport and where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• → You can’t reply on this post. If you want to comment, check out Heartsupport on Youtube instead! Replies posted here are from users who commented on Youtube.
  • → When a Youtube user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.
1 Like

As someone who grew up with this band since 98 this song is a love letter to them selfs and for the fans after hearing this I texted everyone I knew and told them I loved them cause no day is promised

1 Like

No reaction to the video whatsoever.
We’re you listening only?
Did you notice Travis’ backing vocals?
Did you see all the callbacks?

This one’s for the bros…

I connected hard with the lyrics in this song but on a personal level.
The part with “do I have to die to hear you miss me?” because of the relationship between me and my dad which has been none existence since almost 10 years back.
I had a stroke Nov 24th -16 and it was a few years after we lost contact with eachother and my mom made the call to contact him about it because they didnt know if I would be survive the night.
And his answer were basically “no.”. So that part in the song I connected hard with because I feel I maybe have to die for my dad to care about me again.

I have never really been a big fan of Blink-182 but now I respect them on a whole new level.

1 Like

Did you catch Travis saying One More Time at the end!?

1 Like

cry, it is totally ok😔…

1 Like

Dont tell her about lil peep lol!!!

1 Like

Ive been a long time blink fan and I’ve seen the drama in the band and its been painful seeing them have bad blood over the years and i think this song is such a poignant, beautiful message to each other. You can really hear the emotion and sincerity, so much so that you can hear Tom’s voice crack when he says “strangers into brothers”. It really is a profound and beautiful message and that chorus with the background cutting to the warped tour 99 really is heart wrenching.

I’ve never seen this channel before, ive just been watching One More Time reactions but i honestly truly love the idea behind this channel and having a safe place for people to be able to help deal with their mental health struggles. Thank you for doing what you do and providing a valuable service for others. Peace and love

1 Like

I can be your Travis person. Haha. Great reaction video.

1 Like

all the obvious stuff aside, something that really struck me about this song is Tom’s opening few lines, and if I’m not mistaken he’s solo on the first chorus. It kinda felt like an apology. And truly beautifully crafted how on the first verse they sing split parts but the entire second verse is a duet.

I identified with Toms opening almost more than any other part of the track. Looking back at my life, I realized I had been the one to break away from friendships and close some doors I wish I had left at least a little open. And some of those doors are permanently closed due to unfortunate deaths. This song hit home more than any other song has in my life. Thanks for your reaction!

1 Like

This was a very Frank song to both their fans and themselves. I think if you know Blink or have gone through loss you understand this song wholeheartedly.

On a related note have you heard of the Scottish Folk/Indie band Frightened Rabbit? The songwriter of that band also wrote very Frank songs about his struggles with mental health. Definitely worth checking out either privately or on here.

I’d recommend The Modern Leper. That’s the gateway drug.

1 Like

“I don’t really wanna cry right now you guys…” I have terrible news…

1 Like

Call a friend you haven’t spoke to in a while. I secluded myself from everyone that ever cared about me and decided to reach out. The few that answered made me realize how much I missed them. Hope you are all doing okay.

1 Like

taylor you wasn’t the only one who cried to this song. it makes me like about my grandpa who died in 2019

1 Like

First song i ever heard from this band was “dammit” back in 98 when i just a young lost kid. This band helped me cope through the years, and find myself. Man hearing tom and mark again together is just spectacular. The older they get, the better they sound. God bless BLINK 182

1 Like

:cry::cry::cry: this song like a tribute

1 Like

Heard this yesterday for the first time while driving. Had got news that a friend had passed hours before. Ironically I was doing the tough guy thing and trying to suppress emotions. The universe had other ideas apparently. :joy:

1 Like

Song is GOATED. Miss you will always be #1 for me. But this is such a great song to tell their story

1 Like

They just dropped an hour interview about whats been going on lately. I cried the entire time.

1 Like