Therapist Reacts to Freak on a Leash by Korn

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a YOUTUBE user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.

View media here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weWAbHpn7NI

Therapist uses Freak On A Leash to discuss how painful it can be to feel like you are in a cycle of pain that you are not in control of. She discusses how difficult it can be to feel like you are stuck and others are in control of your life. She talks about how creating art can be a powerful way to fight against this hopelessness.

1 Like

There is a live version of this song featuring Slipknot singer Corey Taylor

1 Like

:+1:Very cool MV. :vulcan_salute::heart:

1 Like

Interesting thoughts about the scat singing part! The stuff about creation reminds me a lot about Kurt Vonnergut’s famous quote, that goes something like “Practice any art, […] no matter how well or badly, not to get money and fame, but to experience becoming, to find out what’s inside you, to make your soul grow.”
As a therapist, I guess it would be interesting for you to check out Korn’s song Daddy. But be aware, it’s about child abuse, and it can be quite traumatic for an unprepared listener. It’s extremely intense, to say the least!

1 Like

Next os Korn falling away from me

1 Like

Nice video❤, I can recommend “Right Now” if you want to listen to more Korn.

1 Like

I can’t wait for you to watch “Falling Away From Me”, it picks up immediately after the end of this video. Fun fact the series of numbers at the end of this video is a direct reference to the master disk serial number for the Freak on a Leash album. Fitting that the song is about his experience with the music industry and the sign at the end says “No Trespassing” followed by the reference number for the studio’s master version of the album.

1 Like

not just about the “music industry”- it´s the system we´re living in.

1 Like

the song ‘‘Falling away from me’’ is a direct followup from this video if your interested then you see how real they are with topics. edit warning with the song Daddy ppl will suggest that really fast and scare ppl away from korn cause thats not a song its a expression of pain. worth it to listen to but its the darkest song i ever heard. but check the wiki on that one.

1 Like

korn has helped me alot in the last 20 years. i think it saved me from really hurting myself physically. i think you understand if you hear more songs from korn. the lyrics and expression is pure.

1 Like

You nailed the meaning with the music industry, thats exactly what the song is about.
The sequel to this song “Falling Away From Me” will be perfect for you to react to.

1 Like

Need to do Korn - Daddy. Thats very heavy

1 Like

It’s been a while since I heard this song. I didn’t actually know it was about the music industry, but it makes sense. and your breakdown of him creating something only he could understand so that it couldn’t be taken from him makes sense too. I always thought that part of the song was extremely emotional, even though it sounds like nonsense.

1 Like

My favorite Korn video. Todd McFarlane (Spawn) is awesome. Must be pretty cool when you can get Super-talented friends to help with your videos.

1 Like

what i gotta do to suggest composure from august burns red?! pls! help me reach her!

1 Like

This is my favorite MV of all time. The concept of following the bullet is just so cool.

1 Like

I recently started following you and I really enjoy your content. I’m not sure if you have listened to “Daddy” yet. It’s rough.

1 Like

Yea I’m pretty sure this was pure gibberish just to piss off studio executives who were terrified they couldn’t sell snarls and grunts to radio stations.

1 Like

How do you choose what songs you do?

1 Like

You should go through all their album. The scat part, is epic, they have a sing called twist, and it’s 90% scat.The song Good God was one of anthems as a kid. And so many more

1 Like