Sleep Token - Take Me Back To Eden - Therapist's Reaction

This topic represents a Youtube video that was created by Heartsupport and where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• → You can’t reply on this post. If you want to comment, check out Heartsupport on Youtube instead! Replies posted here are from users who commented on Youtube.
  • → When a Youtube user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.

In this video our licensed on staff therapist @taylor is reacting to the song Take Me Back to Eden by Sleep Token.

• How do you see yourself?
  • What have you lost?
2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it! Haha I love having my wife listen to some of the rock/metal music I listen to (she’s an psychologist for children and adolescents

2 Likes

I love the Therapist’s Reaction videos because not only does Taylor make a lot of sense and give good insight, but it’s also introducing me to bands I don’t know; I haven’t listened to a whole lot of this type of metal. I really loved this and got a lot out of Taylor’s reaction. <3 Thanks!

2 Likes

You had me a Sleep Token and I really enjoyed the little lyrics snippets that you picked out. Vessel is such an amazing poet (and singer) who conveys emotions so well. Every Sleep Token song is like its own therapy session for me. Each and every one brings up memories and buried emotions that I often didn’t even know were there and still needed to be dealt with though.
Thank you for your insights and please do more Sleep Token!

2 Likes

I’m glad to be here listening this piece of art from Colombia!

2 Likes

Sleep Token - Blood Sport (from the room below verison) is a must, very powerful

2 Likes

Folks have said that ST are for those who’ve gone/going through trauma, for the broken. What do you think?

1 Like

More sleep token please! The summoning is another roller coaster of a song, one of my personal favorites along with bloodsport (from the room below) it’s nothing but raw emotion!!:purple_heart:

2 Likes

I think the therapist needs therapy after that one

2 Likes

This album dropped exactly 2 months after my wife left. This song in particular resonates personally, and comes across to me as a journey from sorrow and desperation to growing anger, then a step back in retrospection before a full blown rage attack. Take Me Back To Eden goes from a cry of longing and mourning, wishing to recapture the halcyon days, to a bloody and violent desperation, wishing for vengeance. “Take Me Back To Eden” [… so that I may see it burn.]

The journey isn’t complete, obviously, but that visceral anger is very much part of the grieving process.

That’s my take on this track. Overall, the album definitely helped me process my divorce and helped me to express and verbalize my grief. I wanted to go back to eden, but now I’m in my Rain phase, months later and in a much better space.

2 Likes

The therapy I needed today. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

I agree 90 percent. I only feel your off a touch about the interaction of the mind with the spirit, energy, soul, whatever you want to call it. Very proud of you for what you are doing. Keep pushing my Sister!!! You are a shining, beautiful human!!! Just one human to another. You made me cry in Joy. Oh that’s just the best cry of all!

2 Likes

This band has seriously changed my life since I discovered them I suffer from borderline personality disorder and it’s really helped me cope with my symptoms a lot easier than usual! :heart:

2 Likes

a therapist who loves metal :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Well now I need your reaction tho the entire album,the line “No amount of self-sought fury
Will bring back the glory of innocence” still stuck in my head since the first time I listen to it ,can explain properly but the yearning hit heavy in this particular line

2 Likes

Thank you for this wonderful video! Sleep Token’s music has been there for me during the worst two years of my life. I lost many people I love and had a divorce, which quickly made me plummet into a depression. This band was like a holding hand through all of it and made me at least feel something, back when I was so numb I couldn’t feel anything. These days I’m feeling much better, thanks to ST and my best friend and got to see the band live last week. With me I took a banner that said “You saved me”.

2 Likes

The lyrics need to be taken in terms of the whole album. They are all a part of the same theme. Google Vore

2 Likes

Careful calling Sleep Token metal! you will upset the neckbeards living in their mothers basements!

2 Likes

Exactly. Vessel is saying you can’t go back to the way you were. The bygone days are bygones. There’s no returning to the person you used to be, only accepting who you’ve become, and the people around you won’t always accept or acknowledge that. And, as he says, no amount of love can keep things the same way they’ve always been if you don’t put in the effort to stay that person you want to be, stay in those relationships. You have to want to be better, or you’ll never be. Ignorance is bliss, and you can’t unlearn something. You can’t go back to Eden. You have to move forward. Even if the people around you are full of themselves, or offer empty words, you need to do what you have to to keep yourself moving. Even if you have to go beyond what is “reasonable,” even if you want nothing more than to go back to how things were, you can’t. But you can do something about where you are NOW.

2 Likes

:+1:t2: Would love to see u react to ascensionism and euclid songs next. Those two are therapeutic ST songs for me. Worship :pray:t2:

2 Likes