Jake Luhrs and Therapist React to Snuff (Live) Corey Taylor

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3rph0IQ0O8

Jake Luhrs, vocalist of August Burns Red, and therapist, Taylor Palmby analyze the lyrics of Corey Taylor’s acoustic version of “Snuff”. They use the song to discuss the layers of anguish that often come at the end of a relationship. It can be very confusing to work through all of the conflicting pain, and they encourage people to use the song as a jumping-off point to understand where they are at in their healing journey.

1 Like

Love this song, especialy this live version and like yours reaction

1 Like

I believe this is the time Corey performed Snuff in memory of Paul after he passed suddenly. Which I think adds to the genuineness to the performance

1 Like

Paul played a big part in the writing of Snuff with Corey. The song was already personal to Corey but after the death of Paul it is even more important to Corey. RIP Paul :heart:

1 Like

That’s really sad song by Slipknot especially Live .

1 Like

I don’t like it this much when you react togheter.

1 Like

You need to watch From can to can’t by Corey Taylor you will enjoy it I promise you please :pray:t2: :heart:

1 Like

Originally the song was about an unrequited love, the thought that he pushed her away by revealing his feelings, and at the time of this performance it was also done in memory of the loss of his best friend to a drug overdose. Now eight months after the breakup of my 23 year relationship… I still bawl my eyes out as soon as the guitar starts but it’s okay. I think I needed to cry today. It’s been a while and I find it cathartic. The lyrics I identify the most with is “I couldn’t face a life without your light, but all of that was ripped apart when you refused to fight”.

1 Like

this song is about loving someone and they cant love him back and left. the hate is because they left when they found out about his feelings, but the love for them is from the time together

1 Like

Please Dive into Stone Sour! The first song I would recommend is “Taciturn”.
Another song that would be awesome to hear you react to from Atone Sour is “Zzyzx Rd.”

1 Like

i was waiting for this one, almost every time i listen to this song it brings me back to how i felt with my own experiences with break ups or family members, even just friendships. apart of me misses them, i think of them less often but here and there, something reminds me of them and it feels as if I’m suddenly back to when i last tried processing those experiences. i love how everyone respects Corey’s performance and sings along with him even covering vocals he can’t get out from the pain behind the lyrics. <3

I know now as someone whose recently picked psychology that all those experiences i had and everyone else has are projections from within our psyche of the unrealized qualities we have within ourselves that we may see in another person and this builds attachments and bonds which are beautiful. this is called inner gold. the other projection typically leading to love is the anima/animus which are both the inner masculine within a woman and the inner feminine within a man which we all have and project. the point is life is a beautiful thing and so are people, the cure for pain is typically from the inside but also compassion from the outside. love and peace for all.

1 Like

That’s me. I decided to give myself to my loneliness and it’s ok. I’ve made my peace with it. To many times tried to avoid it but, to many times I got hurt. Simply nothing left to give and honestly, I want nothing in return…

1 Like

You should react to Corey Taylor performing “Bother” (also from the same show), the crowd singing with him is amazing in that one

1 Like

I felt every lyric in this song but never could quite put an explanation to it until this analysis. This just hit me like a ton of bricks. I can now verbally express what I felt. Thank you for that.

1 Like

Im sorry but I really can not listen to your reactions in on session. It breaks me so hard and I fuqqin hate to be broken by your words just like that

1 Like

Always shed a tear watching this performance. The lyrics are so powerfull in this song. I had the privilege to see corey perform it live last year during a slipknot concert in the ziggo dome.

1 Like

He just recently started to sing this song live at his concerts with Slipknot starting on his tour last year because of how personal this song is to him. Before he would start crying mid song.

1 Like

Acoustic corey taylor will rock your socks off. You should check out some of his others that he does for his other band Stone Sour. Some of my favorite songs of theirs sound so much better when you get more of his voice with the lyrics that sometimes get hidden in the chaos of the instrumentals.

1 Like

Went from breaking down songs on a therapeutic level and now with thr “singer” it’s just a convo about the song and him adding nothing to breaking down vocals…
Like the solo reactions more!
Sad that this great songs reaction was just a conversation between friends and not a real break down like we usually get…

1 Like

Ah man ,this song , right in the feels :broken_heart:, hits so close to home

1 Like