HeartSupport_Fans Content #273

This topic is from INSTAGRAM where users are encouraged to comment about their mental health struggles.

• If someone tags @heartsupport in a comment it becomes a topic here on the forum.
  • If they don’t it’ll be a comment on this topic.
  • Moderators can flag:ignore non @heartsupport comments to create a new topic if needed.

View media here: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.29350-15/313008812_120280947514087_3557273586059786580_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8ae9d6&_nc_ohc=Gfxtmnysy-wAX85s3rl&_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com&edm=AL-3X8kEAAAA&oh=00_AT8A8ofrOsK-m-eVF-GgGfB-HhZoQzI9WYcuSBRnLbGnBQ&oe=635D0D76

For the last 7 years, I have struggled daily with the loss of my father. On March 22, 2015 I lost a part of myself. I lost a best friend, a mentor, a pillar of strength and my guiding light in this dark world.

Ever since, I have attempted to cover up feelings of grief, sorrow and despair by pretending to be okay and by putting on a smile for those around me… in hopes that my inner turmoil would never affect the ones I love. On the exterior, you may see a person that is strong, confident, driven and motivated to succeed, but that persona only exists because I am terrified of what the alternative may be…a man plagued by loss who has become fragile, broken and weathered.

This is the greatest battle I’ve ever fought, forever stuck in a silent war within the trenches of my mind. But I strive daily to overcome all of my darkest days, all of my insecurities and to be the person my father knew I could be. It is his memory that pushes me forward when I feel too weak and beaten down by the strains of this life to continue. But with time comes healing and the promise of improvement, not just in my mental health but also with the bonds I’ve created with those closest to me and my ability to love and understand others who have also experienced tragedy and trauma.

If you’re facing anxiety, depression, thoughts of suicide, a lack of self confidence, family problems, strains in your relationship or whatever you may be struggling with…
Becoming aware of it. Writing it down and receiving encouragement for it has had a tremendously positive effect on my mental health and I believe it can help you too. We are all in this together.

In the comments below, write @heartsupport and then write out your thoughts. You will receive supportive replies from peers who are going through similar things and we can help one another take the path towards feeling whole again together.

P.S. If you aren’t comfortable sharing your story in a public setting, please feel encouraged to message me directly and start a dialogue for healing.

3 Likes

Not to sidetrack from the topic at hand but I remember when you put out Lost by native suns and that was an emotional rollercoaster in itself just the feelings it brought on and everything. Much love to you my friend

1 Like

Sorry you are going through this, I know this feeling all too well when I lost my grandmother and a close friend being in a dark place I don’t wish upon my enemies. It took a long time for me to ouch myself to get out of that dark place of Depression, lack of empathy for others, hate, isolation, it was another side of me I never seen. I prayed for a better tomorrow God to be me strength to lift me if I’m down due to Trauma and loss of grief. Prayers for you @austin.mcauley

1 Like

Much love homie :black_heart: proud of you @austin.mcauley

First photo courtesy of @wolfeeliotmedia :pray:

@melissawunsch5==========

:heart::heart: 𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗀𝗎𝗒𝗌!! 𝖡𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗆𝗂𝗅𝖺𝗋 𝖿𝗎𝗇𝗄 𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗒, 𝗍𝗈𝗈… (𝗉𝖺𝗌𝗍 3 𝗒𝗋𝗌 𝗇𝗈𝗐) … 𝖣𝖺𝗋𝗄 𝖽𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗇𝖾𝖼𝖾𝗌𝗌𝖺𝗋𝗒… 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇 𝖺 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗌𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗒 𝖽𝖺𝗒𝗌… 𝖫𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝗂𝗍, 𝗌𝗈𝖺𝗄 𝗂𝗇 𝗂𝗍…𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗅𝖾𝗍 𝗂𝗍 𝖾𝗏𝗈𝗅𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝖾 𝗇𝖾𝗑𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗆.
**𝖣𝖾𝖾𝗉 (-𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖽) 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽𝗌 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝖾𝗉 (-𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖽) #𝖼𝗈𝗋𝗇𝖽𝖺𝗐𝗀𝗌
𝖯𝗌- 𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗆𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗏𝗈𝗋𝗂𝗍𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗌 𝗂 𝗈𝗐𝗇. “𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝗏𝖾𝖽 𝖺 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗇𝖾” :raised_hands::heart:

1 Like

We had a great chat with @austin.mcauley on our podcast a few months ago. Super good dude and delivering a great message!

1 Like

My grandpa I had to get air lifted two hours away to get medical attention after I found him unconscious last Thursday. He is still in ICU and we are just not sure how this is going to turn out. He raised me like a father would and he honestly is my best friend in the entire world and I do not want to lose him. We lost my grandmother one year ago, the anniversary was just two weeks ago. I’m struggling but trying to be positive. Thank you for letting me share. :heart:

1 Like

:muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:=============

Beautiful words that resonate :black_heart:

Lost my mom in 2020 due to masses on her liver and other health complications. I took care of her for years through her illnesses, and took care of her on hospice… When she passed it was like going from 100mph to 0 instantly. From Drs appointments, hospital visits, talking to home health, helping her argue with Medicare, organizing her medication, helping her with daily needs, etc, to nothing at all… Also seeing my dad go through depression for two years has been rough, he was in the same bed with her as she passed…

Lost my father to. I didn’t like him very much at the end. But the song Coma year describes how I felt for a long time.

1 Like

I lost my first born daughter in 2018. It was gut wrenching. I went two years with my wife saying get some help. I was afraid that if I got help, I would starting crying and never stop. I finally accepted help from a grief counselor. It wasn’t easy and it wasn’t quick but I made it through it and I’m a better man for it. I lost my dad last September and my mom passed 4 months later. Having the tools I learned from the loss of Shelby helped me deal with my parents. It still hurts, that part doesn’t go away, but the depression and sadness is replaced with fond memories of my parents and my little girl. Hope this finds you well.

1 Like

A year later and a part of me is still struggling with withdrawing from grad school due to my mental health. I felt like I had my whole life figured out and now I’m just working a job I don’t care about and chasing the next road trip or concert I can get to. I know I made the right decision but I can’t help but think about the possibility there are multiple people who consider me a failure as well because I wasn’t good enough to make it through the program.

1 Like

Hey guys, me again. We lost my grandfather this morning, we made the decision to remove him from life support. Thank you guys so much for your thought and prayers. :heart:

1 Like

Just discovered you guys. I lost my dad pretty tragically in 2009. This new album hits home so fucking hard :black_heart: Thank you

1 Like

@heartsupport I lost my best friend and partner 5 yrs ago. I went from being happily engaged and planning our wedding while raising our 4 children to being a single parent to 4 over night. She was taken suddenly by complications of a seizure. I went down a very dark road and am still climbing out of it. Love everyday like it’s your last

@heartsupport I lost my dad Sept 3 2021. He had “c” Pnemonia. Vented for 3 weeks and hospital 33 days. He also was a Vietnam Vet who months before becoming sick found out he had Agent Orange. He had kidney disease and diabetic as a result. My family made the painful decision to let him go to@be with Jesus after a turn for the worst diagnosis. After prayer after prayer. It was his time to go. I find comfort where he is now. But I can’t lie and say I don’t struggle. Every day is like a win just getting through it. When I can lay my head on my pillow and go to sleep to escape this void I care day in and day out. I miss him more than he’ll ever know! I wasn’t ready to hold his hand, brush his hair back, watch the final tears well up in his eyes and say good bye for now. I’m so blessed to know Jesus. He strengthens me when I am weak. I can’t live without Jesus! I don’t know how people do it without Him! The pain of losing a parent is without a doubt one of the hardest things you’ll go thru in this lifetime. :cry: