Therapist grieves with Slipknot - XIX

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsxwAzeOEyk

Therapist analyzes the lyrics to XIX by Slipknot to discuss grief and the best way to handle it. The difficult thing is that grief is often a taboo topic, which causes people to feel very alone as they process their loss, the song is a reminder that the best way to heal from grief is to “walk with” others through the loss. The song is a challenge to disregard societal norms and speak about the pain of your loss as a step toward healing, and while the band is singing this song to you they can be someone who is walking with you through the pain.

1 Like

holy crap im early…

1 Like

Always loved this but never really thought of it as a song but intro to me…

1 Like

Just found your channel this morning. Watched a few so far. Been a metal fan since the early 80’s (yeah, I’m old). Glad you understand metal for what it really is. :+1::us:

1 Like

Could you react to the orphan by pale face Swiss. That song and band help me calm my mind a lot. The song has strong lyrics.

1 Like

Can you also do a reaction to Slipknots brother band Mushroomhead? Love both bands but Mushroomhead has been around alot longer Mushroomhead started back in 94 and Slipknot started back in either 96 or 97.

1 Like

RIP to both Paul Gray and Joey Jordison :cry:

1 Like

You should watch Corey’s NY Ink episode.

1 Like

idk if you haven’t already but can you do Fixxxer - Metallica? been singing my lungs out all morning

1 Like

Taylor, listen to Vermilion. It helps me massively.

1 Like

You should check out scissors by Slipknot next just the raw pure heavy emotion in that song

1 Like

keep up the amazing work i love how into the music you get. more songs by slipknot would be sic, surfacing, spit it out, people = shit, the heretic anthem, aov, killpop, nero forte, yen. should also checkout stuff from the singer corey taylor’s other band stone sour as well as his solo stuff more singing less screaming and growls.
from stone sour: bother, through glass, 30/30-150, made of scars, digital (did you tell), say you’ll haunt me, gone sovereign/absolute zero, tired, do me a favor, song #3, fabuless.
from solo stuff: black eyes blue, cmft must be stopped, from can to cant

1 Like

Hello from the UK! From one reactor to another just want to say I love your channel. Keep up the amazing work! You have such brilliant energy. Got a song suggestion for you LANDMVRKS - Creature. I think you’d love it!

I look forward to more of your videos.

1 Like

U need to check out skillet one day

1 Like

Next song you should listen to killpop by slipknot

1 Like

Man i got so excited when i saw what you were reacting to. I’ve never seen anyone react to this song. I don’t even think its really that popular but it really really struck a chord with me the first time i heard it. i’m excited to hear your analysis of it.

1 Like

This Series about all of slipknots Songs is so beautiful - Keep on doing this very unique project! :heart:

1 Like

When I see it’s a Slipknot video I give it a like right away lol. I want Taylor to react to Say Cheese by Poppy <3

1 Like

One has to check out Tool (preferably 46 and 2)…caution, MAJOR rabbithole…

1 Like

Can you do slipknot, yen music video please. Have a great day :grinning:

1 Like