Therapist reacts to Solway Firth by Slipknot

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVbsqvrJnOY

Therapist uses the lyrics of Solway Firth by Slipknot to discuss what happens when we vulnerably share our pain and it is met with disbelief and rejection. This often causes external and internal conflict that prevents the root pain from being acknowledged and attended to. Instead, we try to blame, defend, and deflect the other person’s perspective, and our initial pain gets lost in the conflict. This song calls us to always come back to the root of the matter and tend to our pain.

1 Like

The movie scenes were from the show “The Boys”.

1 Like

It’s from
The scene the boys and man Corey’s voice is insane react Iowa the last song of their darkest album to Date 15.05 long dam it’s soft then melodic then soft then gets intense and crazy near the end you see and you should be my theorist I’m
Glad you love this type
Of music

1 Like

That movie scene is frigging Brutal in this video from Slipknot one of my favorite tracks from We Are Not Your Kind and music videos too. Sick Ass Song and Video very Death Metalish.

1 Like

Can relate to Corey I have had depression most of my life depression sucks. Also hurts too get constantly gaslit when you’re dealing with depression.

1 Like

I love how to analyze the lyrics, you should look at the work of Corey Taylor’s other band “Stone Sour” very new band and interesting lyrics

1 Like

I have 3 years clean off Meth and opiates. Your videos have inspired me to pursue my dreams of one day becoming a licensed therapist!!

1 Like

You should listen to nero forte by these guys u would prob like it

1 Like

This is how I’ve felt for nearly three years since I started having seizures. The two people I’ve been the closest with in my life and who have been my entire support system for nearly 20 years both got too busy to even text me back any more. In November I had another seizure and woke up on the floor of the bathroom at my work, laying in a pool of blood with a cracked skull. These two people I relied on for nearly half my life never even have a fuck that I cracked my skull. I could be dead right now and neither of them would know. I feel like I stared at my phone for three years waiting for one of them to just ask how the hell I’ve been doing. It’s been nearly three years and I’m just now cutting them out and alleviating the pressure, and I’m just now starting to feel like myself again.

1 Like

Slipknot have helped me through a lot, for all you out there struggling, stay strong, It doe’s get better, if you need help, speak to somebody, heck, speak to me!

1 Like

Thank you…

1 Like

The bit that hits so hard for me is how the chorus changes to “It wasn’t somebody else, you ******** did it to ME”. Anyone whose had their trust betrayed can feel that shit in their soul.

1 Like

Oh my !!! You have just became my favorite #1 subscription to watch. #1 u love Slipknot . #2 so far u have nailed every song and the meaning I got out of it . Even opened my eyes on things I didn’t see. Thank u

1 Like

One of my favorite Slipknot songs.
Gets Thrashy and speedy and heavy as f**k.
Catchy as Hell too.
Also one of Corey’s best sung songs. (or growled )
And Corey can growl with the best of them.
Fun reaction.

1 Like

i’ve waited for this react for so long
very fucking thank you

let’s step up and give a clap to Jay Monster Weinberg, cause this drummer is fucking amazing
always will love joey, he’s my favorite, but jay did a massacre in this song

1 Like

I just love your facials :joy:

1 Like

I can watch the most brutal scenes, murder, carnage, monster, and ghost, but toes in the mouth, I almost vomited!!

1 Like

Best song off that album IMO!:fire:

1 Like

This song is old school Slipknot. The pain in the voice is so real. Best song on the album.

1 Like

That last line hits me hard every single time. That’s me. Fake smiles and laughs. I haven’t smiled in Years.

1 Like