Therapist reacts to Hot To Be Me by Ren Ft Chinchilla

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0wPmvQdeDg

Therapist Analyzes the lyrics of How To Be Me by Ren ft Chinchilla to discuss the way that deep loss can make us feel like we don’t know who we are or how to exist in the world. The therapist invites listeners to focus on the part of the song that says Hallelujah, to be able to hold hope that someday this crushing pain might someday create a new beautiful identity.

1 Like

cant wait for this one :smiley:

Minor typo in the title…

Chinchilla is such a powerhouse, her track " Fingers Live for Hunger TV " is just about as it ever gets! Ren and Chinchilla doing " Chalk Outlines LIVE " is stunning and my personal favourite is when they are Busking in the streets of Brighton UK doing " One Love/Drunk in Love " it was her first and last busking expereince and is so raw it is priceless! Love your reactions

Add Dominos to your ren list please.

You may have seen this in the comments of the original video or elsewhere, but in case not: this was filmed on the bridge from which Joe made his decision. It must have been very poignant but also hopefully cathartic for Ren to perform this at that location.

As a survivor of an attempt 10 years ago, this song hits so hard. The one thing that pulled me thru was my lack of faith, which confuses my family. I explained, if this was my one shot at life, ending it too soon would have been so final…one act that could not have been reversed. 10 years and i still get down, but this keeps me here. I now want to see how my life turns out.

great reaction didnt dissapoint at all like always :slight_smile: keep up the amazing reactions.

Great reaction! You need to do For Joe next (or soon). They tie very much into each other. Another great one is Freckled Angels.

Daisy (Chinchilla) is a freaking superstar! She’s criminally underated.
Maybe listen to ‘Chalk Outlines’ next?
It’s Ren with Chinchilla again!

I really enjoyed your take on it!:heart:

Chalk outlines is a must :fire:

Check out ren ready for you. You’ll love it and it’s right up your work alley.

There are some fantastic and underrated female singers out there. Chinchilla is at the top of the list, but Kovacs is a close second. Please check out the video version of Child of Sin by Kovacs and Til Linderman, mind blowing.

This song always makes me reflect on the folks I’ve lost over the years (and how, in some ways, I can count myself among them) and then I remember this quote, which I feel like you’re kinda getting at in how you talk about how you are, loving who you are now, shaped by the loss that came before:

“We are all our own graveyards, I believe; we squat amongst the tombs of the people we were. If we’re healthy, every day is a celebration, a Day of the Dead, in which we give thanks for the lives that we lived, and if we are neurotic we brood and mourn and wish that the past was still present.” - Clive Barker

Don’t forget that Ren has some fun stuff too, like his “Love Music” parts 1-4 (separate songs - don’t all need to be done in a single reaction). If you want more “therapy issues”, then Ren X Chinchilla doing “Chalk Outlines” live is a must. Chinchilla’s solo stuff is very much about empowerment - “Fingers (live)”, “Little Girl Gone”, “Cut You Off”, or “MF Diamond” (yes, the “MF” is what you think).

I will say that as much as I love them each solo, when Ren and Chinchilla get together, it’s not Ren + Chinchilla, it’s definitely Ren x Chinchilla - it’s more than twice as good.

Another amazing sugestion:

Ren - “Dear God”

I saw Chinchilla and got excited it was Chalk Outlines… :frowning:

You should react Ren - Depression and Ren- Insomnia. These are beautiful songs.

I get goosebumps and a lump in my throat every time I hear this. So glad you got to this one! :heart: